[TYPO3-dev] Re: New transparent categorizing of all content element

Philipp philippwrann at gmx.at
Fri Aug 9 08:22:57 CEST 2013

One more thing id like to see: When creating or updating a category save its rootline with the record and add a TCA functionallity that checks all parent categories when a subnode is selected. This behaviour should be configured for the aggregate holding the category relations. This way we could assign one subcategory to a data record and aloso get it if we request for a parent node. Something like

equals('category.uid',$category), like('category.rootline',"%$category,%")

I'd like to see that as it makes some things easier.

I would not create relations for all parent nodes when a subnode is selected because you would have to update all relations when a category record is moved in the tree. So i would handle this via the category rootline field.

configureable with an additional param in makeCategorizeable
\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::makeCategorizable(
	'Vendor.'.$_EXTKEY,
	'tx_extkey_domain_model_entity',
	'categories',
	array ( ),
	TRUE
);

And if this field is set all parentcategories get checked when i click on a child node. If its not TRUE everything is like now.

Cant see any disadvantage in that behaviour.