[TYPO3-dev] Give +1 for the Extension Feedback Process

Michael typo3ml at schams.net
Mon Apr 29 12:56:59 CEST 2013

On 29/04/13 19:58, Elmar Hinz wrote:

> * Do you like to know, which extensions work with your version of TYPO3?

Yes!

> * Do you like to know, how many people are using your extension?

Well... maybe.

> * Do you like to know, with what versions of TYPO3 your extension is
> working?

I think, it's my responsibility as a developer/maintainer to test it
carefully - but I am happy for any feedback :-)

> The idea is to put a YES/NO feedback button directly into the extension
> manager. The feedback is collected with the given versions into TER and
> evaluated automatically.  [...]

Do you mean, *everyone* has the option to "claim" that my extension is
not working with his/her setup? So, if my extension does not work due to
whatever reason, someone can simply click the "NO" button ("this
extension does not work") and the TER stores this information?

Even if someone forgot to apply some TypoScript or did not read the
manual carefully or the extension clashes with another extension and
this person is too lazy or not experienced enough to investigate the
issue, but clicks "NO - this extension does not work with my TYPO3
version" and scares other people off to try/use it as the result of it?

Sorry, I am not convinced that this is a good idea :-(

But I really like your initiative and I think it's a great idea to
introduce an attribute such as "this extension works with TYPO3 version
x.x.x". I just think the concept needs to be carefully worked out (and I
do not have a simple solution, to be honest).

Cheers
Michael