[TYPO3-dev] Custom tt_content CType using File Abstraction Layer (FAL)

Christian Ludwig cl at viazenetti.de
Tue Apr 16 20:37:29 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am doing my best to update some old extensions to be v6.0 with FAL
compatible. But I cannot find a proper documentation on how to work with
FAL
(http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/FileAbstractionLayerReference/Developers
/UsingFal/Index.html is really incomplete) nor any examples in the web.

I have an extension that simply generates an additional tt_content
element (CType). The TCA is an exact copy of the textpic content
element:

$TCA["tt_content"]["types"][$_EXTKEY."_pi1"]["showitem"] =
$TCA["tt_content"]["types"]["textpic"]["showitem"];

and at the moment the TypoScript is a copy too:

tt_content.mycontent_pi1 >
tt_content.mycontent_pi1 < tt_content.textpic

But images are not rendered, TYPO3 searches an image "1" instead of
using FALL to get the proper image name.

How can I 'register' my extension to use FAL?

Thanks
---
Christian