[TYPO3-dev] extension upload to TER under TYPO3 6.0

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Apr 12 20:21:51 CEST 2013

Hi,

Elmar Hinz schrieb am 12.04.2013 10:40:

>> by 1. I am sorry. So the former version 0.11.2 has been overwritten.
>
> That is in fact a very interesting experience. It means that it is possible
> to overwrite broken or dangerous versions with an empty or new extension.
>
> That is something, many people asked for.

This is also something that caused lots of confusions in the past,
because there were certain "developers" who kept uploading the same
version of an extension with bug fixed.

I would say for TER that an old version cannot be overwritten by
anything, there should be just a method for "deleting" one (if it is not
relevant anymore, or has security problems). The author and the Security
Team should be able to do that (I guess they can do that already).

Cheers,
Ernesto