[TYPO3-dev] Re: Re: Re: extension upload to TER under TYPO3 6.0

Elmar Hinz t3elmar at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 12 10:40:31 CEST 2013

Hello Franz,

thank you for testing an bringing in a new report of getting it running.

> thanks for your extension. This is a great improvement. It helps to save
> time and avoid errors with each extension upload.
>
> One improvement suggestion:
> Give an output message after a successful upload of an extension.

Technically the upload part is done by

https://github.com/t3elmar/Typo3ExtensionUtils

because I didn't want to reinvent the wheel.

It gives back the original response from TER. Although that is a little
cryptic I think it right, to do exactly that.

An idea would be to evaluate TER response and to return an error
in the shell it the upload faild. That would make it more easy to
skript the upload. But for doing this I need to learn about the error
channel of the unix first.

> I have just uploaded div2007 in version 0.11.2.
> I did not know that the extension key is not automatically incremented

That is by design. I want be able to regenerate my docs between setting
the new version to ext_emconf.php and uploading.

The version is in full control of the user. The target group of a
command-line tool are experts.

> by 1. I am sorry. So the former version 0.11.2 has been overwritten.

That is in fact a very interesting experience. It means that it is possible
to overwrite broken or dangerous versions with an empty or new extension.

That is something, many people asked for.

Regards

Elmar