[TYPO3-dev] ReST documentation from extensions

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Apr 8 21:55:59 CEST 2013

Hi Dirk,

>> There is already a service for rendering your docs online. It was mostly
>> done by Fabien and I'm not entirely familiar with it.
> I know that there is such a service but AFAIK it just starts rendering
> after uploading a new version. IMHO it would be better to have a preview
> availabe. Thus a developer would get immediate feedback and would be
> enabled to learn the syntax faster. Otherwise every developer would have
> to setup an environment for rendering by himself.

I think we're not talking about the same. I dug a bit and all the
reference is there:

http://docs.typo3.org/getthedocs/

with the tool in particular here:

http://docs.typo3.org/getthedocs/service-render.html

However I just tried it and it seems broken. I tested it with the "news"
extension and it complained about not finding a "Index.rst" file,
although there is one. I don't know what's wrong there.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter