[TYPO3-dev] Thumb generation of PDF file fails

Philipp philippwrann at gmx.at
Fri Apr 5 13:16:20 CEST 2013

Hey
i got another problem :)

When i upload a pdf in the backend (Version 6, so FAL enabled) TYPO3 displays me the thumbnail correctly. Now - however - if i want to render a thumb in the frontend using
<f:image src="{fileReference.combinedIdentifier}" maxWidth="100px" alt=""/>

TYPO3 renders the PDF, names it filename.png but keeps it as a pdf. So the thumb is 100px width, correct relative height, pretty large and if i look into its source it says PDF. Rename it to pdf and it will open, but of course - its not able to display it.

Furthermore it takes pretty much time to render one single thumb.

What configuration do i have to set to make this possible?

I see it, its better to place a field for a separat thumbnail anyway - but i want to have the fallback of rendering the original.

Got any idea?

kind regards philipp