[TYPO3-dev] Re: Getting started with Extbase/Fluid programming

Elmar Hinz t3elmar at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 8 21:24:25 CEST 2013

> Why was this really necessary? Could you please explain what your point is?

Didn't I went directly into the point? I think it a wrong approach to recommend
an ORM layer as a "good solution" be default.

There are many cases where it is the best solution. But there are probaly more cases,
where it isn't. When selecting a solution with a double layer of data models
(relational and object orientated), three layers of data definition (SQL, TCA, PHP)
and even more layers ob PHP in between, one should ask why?

Fashion alone isn't a good adviser.

Regards

Elmar