[TYPO3-dev] ReST documentation from extensions

Dirk Wenzel wenzel at webfox03.de
Mon Apr 8 17:01:49 CEST 2013

Hi,
I am not shure whether or not somebody already mentioned it:

As an extension developer, I want to:
- maintain only one version (ReST) of documentation
- have an opportunity to inspect the rendering results (as this is the
most cumbersome part for me in writing documentation nowadays: I was
never able to predict what my changes in manual.sxw did to the online
version. There could be a service which renders a preview for both pdf
and html version)

As an integrator, I want to have an up-to-date configuration manual of
each extension available in the backend.

(And I don't want any undocumented extension in my system nor any
documentation scattered over a bunch of shiny fancy private/corporate
websites as this is more and more the case -> for documentation see
website xyz.com)

As an editor, I want to have an up-to-date user manual of each
(relevant) extension available in the backend.

As a developer, I want to have an up-to-date api-documentation of each
extension (online?).

Cheers
Dirk