[TYPO3-dev] Sessions and the "fe_typo_user" cookie

Arjen Hoekema arjenhoekema at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 08:30:41 CEST 2012

Goodmorning list,

I was wondering if it is possible to set the "fe_typo_user" cookie
containing the session id only when there is session data that should be
persisted.

Right now the cookie is always set and makes it impossible for reverse
proxies (like Varnish/Apache mod_cache) to cache the page.

I know there are some extensions (cache_info, moc_varnish) that change
the cookie behaviour, but this only works upon login/logout.

A solution could be to trigger the "setSessionCookie" upon actions that
actually write something to the session (like "setAndSaveSessionData",
"storeSessionData").

Is there someone who has a nice/clean/better solution?

Grtz,

Arjen Hoekema

Btw: I found this thread about the session handling in FLOW3 which
describes the same issue/situation: http://forge.typo3.org/issues/26358