[TYPO3-dev] Hardware requirements for TYPO3 intranet server

Benjamin Beck BenjaminBeck at gmx.de
Wed Oct 31 12:16:55 CET 2012

Hello all

I need hardware requirements for a TYPO3 intranet server.

The firm has about 250 employees (They all are office workers).
My guess is that about 30 users will be active on the TYPO3-intranet at the same time.
The TYPO3-intranet-pages will use many none-cacheable extensions (commenting/personalisation..).
Software will be LAMP.

I think this should be enough:

- up-to-date Intel CPU (i7 / 6 cores / ~2.5Ghz)
- 16 GB RAM

---------

What are your experiences?

Do you think this hardware is sufficient to make TYPO3 work snappy?
(if no, what would you suggest?)

What if my guess is wrong, and there are 50 Users active at the same time - will this system still be sufficient?

THX
Benjamin