[TYPO3-dev] Problems contributing via git

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Fri Oct 26 18:40:16 CEST 2012

Hi Michael,

nice to see you on the path to contributing code to TYPO3!

What did you change? Extbase or any other submodule (like dbal or fluid?).

You have to go into that directory in typo3/sysext/... and do the commit
there (as this is an own repository).

In order to get the Change-Id: line in the commit message, please copy
the commit-msg hook file not only into typo3_src/.git/hooks, but also to
typo3_src/typo3/sysext/../.git/hooks.

Kind regards
Steffen

- --
Steffen Gebert
TYPO3 CMS Core Team Member
TYPO3 Server Administration Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

I work for TYPO3 solely in my spare time. If you think that
my work helps you running your business, you are invited to
send me a donation via PayPal to this email address. Thanks