[TYPO3-dev] 6.0 Breaking change Toolbaritems

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Nov 28 09:30:50 CET 2012

Hi Kay,

Kay Strobach schrieb am 28.11.2012 07:14:
> Hello guys,
>
> was it the intention to change the toolbaritem interface to be
> incompatible to all version below 6.0 code?
>
> The "old" and now deprecated interface required a function __construct
> like this one:
>
> public function __construct(TYPO3backend &$backendReference = null) {
>
> The new one requires a namespaced Version.
>
> __construct(\TYPO3\CMS\Backend\Controller\BackendController
> &$backendReference = NULL);
>
> To be compatible i have to include 2 Versions of the same class, where
> the only difference is the constructor - not good :(
>
> Will this happen on all places where Hook Interfaces are use? - I'm
> currently investigating that stuff :(

Please see "Namespace question: Interfaces" in the typo3.teams.core List
(thread initiated by me on 4.9.2012) where I asked the same question.

There is a "compatibility layer" which is meant to translate these kind
of scenarios transparently.

There was an PHP <5.2.7 issue with it which was apparently solved with
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/40653.

Are you getting a "Fatal Error" with this? Or is there anything not
working as expected?

Cheers,
Ernesto