[TYPO3-dev] Can user X access record Y?

Oliver Salzburg oliver.salzburg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 19:23:25 CET 2012

On 2012-05-28 18:35, Tim Lochmueller wrote:
> Hey Oliver,
>
> your loking for "TYPO3 enableFields". Google give you same examples. The
> enableFields method will check deleted, hidden, starttime... and also
> fe_user permissions.
>
> You can access the function via t3lib_PageSelect. ExtBase does this
> internally...
>
> Regards,
> Tim

I just came back to this old issue. The approach through
t3lib_pageSelect is not suitable to solve the issue at hand.

There's the very promising method t3lib_pageSelect.checkRecord, but it
will only check the fe_group column against the fe_groups of the
currently logged in user, which is not what I'm trying to achieve.

I want to check access conditions between arbitrary records and users.

I have moved to a completely different approach that does not rely on
checking access conditions the same way I used to.

Cheers
Oliver