[TYPO3-dev] FE extension to create new pages

Michael typo3ml at schams.net
Sun May 27 02:33:28 CEST 2012

Hi community,

I am looking for a way to create new pages in TYPO3. This should not be
problem by using the t3lib_TCEmain class. However, the challenge is that
a *frontend user* has to create these pages, so there are no details
about a BE user/session (and permissions) available.

My approach is to develop a FE extension that allows FE users to create
pages. Most of the page details are default values not editable by the
FE user (e.g. owner of the page, etc. comes from the extension
configuration) plus a few non-critical details that the user can choose
(e.g. page title, etc.).

Does anyone know an existing FE extension that does something like that?

I struggle with using the t3lib_TCEmain class in the FE and I suspect
this is because of the missing BE_USER object. I assume I have to create
an alternative userobject and I would be more than happy to see a
working FE extension that creates pages (properly) and without a
logged-in BE user :-)

Cheers
Michael