[TYPO3-dev] Improving login security in TYPO3 (BE+FE)

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Wed May 16 12:28:46 CEST 2012

Hi Dave,

so you have the second yubikey type i know now ;) - it's different from
what i know

>         field. So if my Typo3 password were 'password' and '123456' was
>         displayed on my phone, I would enter the following in to the
>         password
>         box :-
>
>         password123456

This works, as long as you do not hash the password client side ;)
E.g. with challenged or superchallenged setting install tool :)

>         You know that the last six characters of the password field are
>         the
>         token, so you can separate them out and send the OTP to the
>         google
>         service and the password through the normal Typo3 auth service.

You do not need to contact google at all ;) - google just provides the
app and the algorithm - https://code.google.com/p/google-authenticator/

It implements :

> These implementations support the HMAC-Based One-time Password (HOTP) algorithm specified in RFC 4226 and the Time-based One-time Password (TOTP) algorithm specified in RFC 6238.

Regards
Kay

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach