[TYPO3-dev] TER upload

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Tue Mar 27 16:20:39 CEST 2012

Hi,

>    2. Is there a way to disable auto-increment version when uploading,
>    because I rather manage it by myself (via SVN) ?

You're not alone with SVN or another VCS ;)

I do that:

1) Commit what is pending
2a) Update the version number in ext_emconf.php + Write a line in ChangeLog
2b) Commit this change

At this stage, the md5 checksums are wrong in ext_emconf.php but the
extension is "ready" to be tagged otherwise

3) Change back the version number in ext_emconf.php (anything else lower
than current)
4) Upload to TER with the Extension Manager, paying attention (!) to the
option to be used to raise the version number

At this stage, the md5 checksums are fixed and there is no single other
change to be committed

5) Commit to HEAD of the current branch/trunk, as usual
6) Tag the version

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6