[TYPO3-dev] Fe-Admin panel influences pages without edit access

Björn Pedersen pedersen at frm2.tum.de
Tue Mar 20 13:53:57 CET 2012

Hi,

I am encountering problems with the fe-admin panel (TYPO3 4.6-git):
If a user is logged in, the simulate group feature of the admin panel is
affecting all pages, even if the user does not have  edit access on
these pages. In this case, the group memberships of the user are not
correctly applied.
The  group preview seems anyway somewhat incorrect, as no selection of a
group unconditionally clears all group settings of a logged in FE-user.
I would have expected to merge the groups from FE-adminpanel and a
logged in user instead.

If anyone  can confirm this, I will file a bug and try to provide patches.

Best regards,
 Björn