[TYPO3-dev] Adaptation of stg_clearcache to core

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Jul 12 17:14:30 CEST 2012

Hi,

> Alternative: having clear page/branch cache as pagetree items.
>
> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/sm_clearcachecm
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-sm_clearcachecm

Indeed this is much better IMO, as it leaves the choice to clear either
the cache of a single or a all the branch below it. Changing the
behavior of the clear cache button is dangerous IMO.

> Since the download numbers of both extensions indicate that only few
> people need this, I'd suggest to leave it as is.

Maybe that's because they are not so well-known. The "predecessor" of
your extensions (gp_branchcache) was more downloaded. I would support
having this in the core.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter