[TYPO3-dev] TER on TYPO3.org

Robert Wildling robertwildling at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 17:34:30 CEST 2012

Hi, Ingo,

Look - before we get into a big argument: what is it that I can do to
help you with your search solution? Tell me!

This is what I think I do - comment on it if you like:

- I test the TER at least twice every day;
- I post my observations;
- Not always, but most of the time I say "thank you" for your work, don't I?

OK, admittedly: every once in a while I also post a little bit of my bad
mood here, because not EVERYTHING is good about your solution at the
moment and it does trouble not only me...
Looking through some your your posts in the past, you don't seem to be
that much different from me ...

However, to answer your question what I did for TYPO3 today: I convinced
2 more people today to switch to TYPO3 with their websites. (They are
NOT clientel, but web workers, and I showed the what can be done with
TypoScript and even trained them a little bit, so they don't have to ask
too many beginners' question on this list here...)

And if you really like to know: I keep developing my extbase skills
hoping too soon be able to do some work on the backend treeview, which
in my opinion is a very good idea, but lacks very important features,
alright? Anything else you'd like to know? Just ask!

BTW: thanks for getting back the names of the ext developers.
Unfortunately no Umlaute are rendered (eg fhm_indexed_search -> Irene
Hppner, which should be Höppner). Would be great id you could solve that
problem, too!

And if you allow me a final statement: a title field in the filter
section would be a fine thing...

Thank you back,
Robert