[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-core] Which TYPO3 bug annoys you the most?

Adrien Crivelli adrien.crivelli at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 05:24:27 CET 2012

Hi,

I don't have a specific ticket for that one, but it definitely bothers me
when developing extension. The database compare and database modification
have inconsistencies which are quite confusing. It's quite easy to write an
ext_tables.sql which will be applied on database, but actually never show
as "up do date" in extension manager (so it seems it didn't apply). This is
mostly because of limitation around "NOT NULL" and "DEFAULT" values.

I dug in core code and found out that at least some part of the problem is
related to http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2777 and its patch (see
http://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Core.git?a=commit;h=5dcd656b37de6f5847f067f852d7a201d20e64d9
).

I would love to see either that everything is allowed in ext_tables.sql
(why can't I have NOT NULL ?!), or an explicit message (warning, error ?)
when unsupported things are found, instead of secretly modifying the SQL I
defined.

Cheers,

Adrien