[TYPO3-dev] Experience from usergroup meeting about core development

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Mon Feb 13 12:44:21 CET 2012

Hi.

On 13.02.2012 08:02 Georg Ringer wrote:
> This leadership is kind of missing and hindering for development.

Well, the answer for me is simple: fighting fire is a different business
than software development [1].
Anyway, in the past the TYPO3 project more an more followed the bazaar
paradigm and left the cathedral [2]. Even the king(tm) did never rule as
absolute monarch. I don't believe turning back to cathedral would work
out. Not even if the king returns.

[1] except for having burndown charts :)
[2] http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/cathedral-bazaar/

--
cheers,
Steffen