[TYPO3-dev] Hook request for t3lib_userauth

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Mon Feb 13 00:16:44 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm making an extension that should block or mitigate brute force password
attacks. I tried to achieve that by setting up an auth-service, but there is no
place where I can hook into the authentication process:
1. which is called at every login attempt
2. where I can see whether a login attempt has been successful or not
3. that has the login and user data at hand.

The authentication process is quite a jungle, maybe I overlooked something?

Otherwise, a hook near the end of the checkAuthentication method seems the right
place.

What do you think?

Loek