[TYPO3-dev] about new Form sysext

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Thu Apr 5 21:50:20 CEST 2012

Hi Robert,

the 4.5 LTS is not meant to be a release where every new feature is
backported. In fact, we never backport any feature to a released minor
version of TYPO3. The LTS denotes that we will fix and support the
functionality *shipped* with 4.5.0 for three years with:

- bug fixes
- security fixes
- compatibility fixes (with newer browser versions for example)

The new FORM extension is a whole and unique new *feature* which was
released with TYPO3 4.6, thus won't be backported to work with 4.5.

Of course anyone is welcome and could release a compatible "form"
extension that works with TYPO3 4.5 LTS, but this is not the
responsibility of the core team and will never get into the official 4.5
LTS release.

The official release workflow which states this is documented here [1].

Cheers,
Ernesto

[1] http://typo3.org/teams/core-team/resources/release-workflow/

--