[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 and default filesystem rights

Robert Wildling robertwildling at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 13:36:21 CEST 2012

Hi,

I work on my local developing enviroment (MAMP) and otherwise mostly on
allinkl, definately on some Unix enviroment, I never had to do anything
with TYPO3 on IIS (Windows). Usually, all the needed permissions are
either 755 and 777 for folders, never anything else.

TYPO3 ships with a standard of 755 for all folders. Subsequently the
respective folder permissions have to be changed to 777. I guess I am
not the only one ...

The question I have is, what is the reason why TYPO3 won't ship with the
required 777-permission?

This is not meant in anyway as a critique or so. The question came up
when checking the CMS Pimcore, which after download and unpack already
has the required permissions applied.

I just would like to understand.

Thank you!
Robert