[TYPO3-dev] GIT rebase question with submodules

Stefan Geith typo3dev2010.nospam1 at geithware.de
Fri Sep 16 10:33:11 CEST 2011

Am 16.09.2011 09:53, schrieb Peter Niederlag:
> [...]
> Something like the following lines work for me without any problems:
>
> # update to clean state
> git submodule update --init
>
> # update master with private patches
> git submodule foreach git checkout master
> git submodule foreach git pull --rebase

But I did not change my local master.
I have created a branch a while ago and changed that.

So for updates, I have to pull master, then rebase my local branch with
these steps:

1. cd [path_of_local_master] OR git checkout master
2. git pull
3. git submodule update --init
4. cd [path_to'my_personal_version] OR git checkout my_t3_version

right so far ?

Then I want to rebase... what is the next step
*IF* I have changed  something in the submodules ?
    a. git rebase master
or
    b. git submodule foreach git rebase master

/Stefan