[TYPO3-dev] Indexed search links external documents only to default language

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 10:09:56 CEST 2011

Hi!

Oliver Salzburg wrote:
> Well, the projects I've worked on weren't big but serious nonetheless.
> And until now I was working under the assumption that indexed search can
> provide what it advertises. Sadly, I seem to be mistaken.

Indexed search was an experiment of Kasper :) Don't expect much from
experiments.

> Would you mind suggesting an alternative?

Solr or mnogosearch will do the job. Solr is more powerful but harder to
configure. Mnogosearch is less flexible but it is easier to set up. If you
can afford J2EE container for Solr (or a hosted Solr installation), try it.
For mnogosearch you need to install a TYPO3 ext and compile the indexer on
the Linux host.

It all depends on your available resources.

--
Dmitry "itoldyou" Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member
E-mail: dmitry.dulepov at typo3.org