[TYPO3-dev] Indexed search links external documents only to default language

Oliver Salzburg kinggencha at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 12 15:50:32 CEST 2011

On 2011-09-12 15:26, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Oliver Salzburg wrote:
>> Now I'm wondering, why was this never implemented in the first place?
>> It seems like this would be an issue many users could run into. Did I
>> miss a more obvious solution?
>
> Firsts, it is hard to guess the lanmguage for the external document.

Generally, I would agree. I adjust the extension so that it will now
use the language of the page it found the link to the document on.
That's of course no perfect solution, but still an improvement over
finding no documents at all when not using the default language on a
site.

> Secodnly, indexed search is not really meant for indexing external stuff
> and does not do it well. This functionality was broken until 4.3 I
> think. Nobody in big serious projects really used that.

Well, the projects I've worked on weren't big but serious nonetheless.
And until now I was working under the assumption that indexed search can
provide what it advertises. Sadly, I seem to be mistaken.

Would you mind suggesting an alternative?

Thanks