[TYPO3-dev] Indexed search links external documents only to default language

Oliver Salzburg kinggencha at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 11 20:50:10 CEST 2011

Hi,

lately I've had an issue with the indexed search and .pdf documents on
a website I maintain. Indexed search would index the documents but would
only "link" them to the default language. So if you would browse the
website with a different language selected, the documents would never
turn up in any search results.

Now, with just a few changes to the indexer I was able to create
entries in the database for documents in all languages they are valid
for. So now, if I link a document on both the italian and french
version of a page, the document will be found when the user performs a
search while having those languages active.

Now I'm wondering, why was this never implemented in the first place?
It seems like this would be an issue many users could run into. Did I
miss a more obvious solution?

Kind regards

Oliver