[TYPO3-dev] Indexed search links external documents only to default language

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 15:26:27 CEST 2011

Hi!

Oliver Salzburg wrote:
> Now I'm wondering, why was this never implemented in the first place?
> It seems like this would be an issue many users could run into. Did I
> miss a more obvious solution?

Firsts, it is hard to guess the lanmguage for the external document.
Secodnly, indexed search is not really meant for indexing external stuff
and does not do it well. This functionality was broken until 4.3 I think.
Nobody in big serious projects really used that.

--
Dmitry "itoldyou" Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member
E-mail: dmitry.dulepov at typo3.org