[TYPO3-dev] writelog() error at comments ext.

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 25 20:10:30 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 25-10-2011 19:43, Tomas Norre Mikkelsen wrote:
> I have the same problem as described in following thread:
> http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-english/2011-February/073609.html
>
> Perhaps i'm blind, but didn't find the solution.
>
> I found various bug-reports/comments [1][2][3] on topic, but not any
> solutions for the comments extension as it seems to be something i t3core:

Some extensions used (abused) a backend function to clear caches in the
frontend. In TYPO3 4.5 this function logs it's actions and for this it
needs a BE user.

You can predict what's going to happen if these extensions still call
the function from the FE... there is no BE user, so an error will be the
result.

It can fairly easily be solved in the extensions, but that is the only
place where it can be solved.

> 1. Anyone know how to fix this without editing the core?

Edit the extension!

> 2. If not, anyone knows when or if applied to core?

It won't be fixed in the core, because it is incorrect use of the API.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.