[TYPO3-dev] Ending usage of the Pending Documentation page

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Oct 21 13:13:38 CEST 2011

Hi Philipp,

> That would be cool of course, but I only meant the issue number in the
> commit message of the patch.
> Like Björn said:
>
> Fixes: #54321
> Documentation: #12345
> Releases: 4.7

Ah I understand now. Yes that would be convenient, but we have a kind of
chicken and egg problem: the documentation issue should not exist before
the patch is committed, because there's nothing to document if it gets
ignored or rejected.

So the workflow would have to be the following:
- create your patch and submit it
- get ready with documentation changes but don't do anything right away
- when the change is ready for merging, open the documentation issue and
amend the commit message to reference it.

I think it's a bit too complicated. Other ideas? Otherwise I would stick
to waiting for the switch to reST and link the submissions together
using the topic (like some, but not all, do when submitting a patch for
several branches).

Cheers

--

Francois Suter