[TYPO3-dev] Gerrit merge does not update ChangeLog anymore?

Björn Pedersen pedersen at frm2.tum.de
Tue Oct 18 16:38:47 CEST 2011

Am 18.10.2011 15:31, schrieb Steffen Gebert:
> Hi,
>
>>> Steffen Gebert wrote:

> After looking at it: The old ChangeLog file has been kept and now
> (before releases), the recent changes since the last release are put in
> front.
>
> I also though that the whole file comes from git history (which imported
> SVN history (which (did it?) imported CVS history)).
>
> So IMHO we have to stay with the current situation - given these facts,
> I'm totally fine with it.
>
> Kind regards
> Steffen

One solution would be to split the ChangeLog per major release:
Changelog-pre4.0
Changelog-4.0
Changelog  (this is Changelog for current major release).

This makes also sense with respect to minor releases, as there may be
changes e.g. in 4.5.x that are not in 4.6.x due to bugfixes where the
code is already different in both versions. The Changelog-4.5 in the 4.6
distribution will be that of the branchpoint.

Björn