[TYPO3-dev] Gerrit merge does not update ChangeLog anymore?

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Tue Oct 18 15:31:53 CEST 2011

Hi,

>>> .. and thus, I suggest to remove the ChangeLog file from the repository.
>>
>> Wouldn't we loose older history entries (4.2, for example)?
>
> not necessarily, as svn history was kept on migration. However content
> would change and scripts would need to be adopted.

After looking at it: The old ChangeLog file has been kept and now
(before releases), the recent changes since the last release are put in
front.

I also though that the whole file comes from git history (which imported
SVN history (which (did it?) imported CVS history)).

So IMHO we have to stay with the current situation - given these facts,
I'm totally fine with it.

Kind regards
Steffen

--