[TYPO3-dev] gridelements frontend typoscript

Christian Zenker christian.zenker at 599media.de
Tue Oct 18 11:52:19 CEST 2011

Hi Axel.

Really nice extension and a lot easier than kb_nescefe (and still
supported). Thanks for the hint.

Ok, here is how I found out the configuration works:

1. The "template" is just a decoy. It does not do anything (yet?) - so
just forget about it. ;)

2. Create a record of the type "CE Backend Layout" - a sysfolder seems
like a nice choice. Let's take a two column layout for instance. Don't
forget to assign a "column number" to each column! Each column should have
a different number (obviously) and I think it's a good solution to not mix
them up with the otherwise used numbers. So lets assign "10" to the left
and "11" to the right column.

3. You should now be able to select the grid as a CE. Do it and assign a
text-CE to each column.

4. Ok, here comes the TypoScript:

# [...]
tt_content.gridelements_pi1.20.10 {
	setup {
		# that's the uid of the grid we created in step 2. As it was the first
one it should be "1".
		1 {
			columns {
				# the "column number" we assigned in step 2. So "10" is the left
column.
				10 {
					# this is how each CE inside the column will be rendered. In the
easiest case just as everything else...
					renderObj = <tt_content
				}
				# right column with "column number" 20
				11 {
					# a more complex example where you load data into a register. For
instance useful in combination with maxImageWidth.
					renderObj = COA
					renderObj {
						10 = LOAD_REGISTER
						10.foo = bar
						20 = <tt_content
						30 = RESTORE_REGISTER
					}
					# use any stdWrap properties to wrap the whole column after rendering
the whole content inside the column
					wrap = <div class="columnwrap">|</div>
				}
			}
			# use any stdWrap properties to wrap the whole grid
			wrap = <div class="gridwrap">|</div>
		}
	}
}

5. That's basically it. The "default" configuration is used when no
configuration for the grid or column was found.

Hope that helps.

Christian.