[TYPO3-dev] Problem importing via directmail - process_datamap()

Tomas Norre Mikkelsen tomasnorre at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 13:48:04 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have a problem with Direct Mail -> Recipient List -> Click to import CSV.

I have following:

My tt_address table contains ~75.000 records, my csv file contains ~2700
records.

When trying to import with following options:

Only update/import valid emails from csv data: YES

Filter email dublettes from csv data. If a dublette is found, only the
first entry is imported.: YES

Specify the field which determines the uniqueness of imported users: EMAIL

I takes over ~12min to process the import. At the production server it
gets timeout, but at my test-server i can get the right result in ~12min.

Tried to debug a bit, added a lot a error_log(time(),0) such being able
to follow the timestamps for cmd-execution.

Found that the process from top to $tce->process_datamap() takes arround
  ~7sec which is acceptable but still could be faster.

 From here the execution takes ~12min. and only think missing is the
$tce->process_datamap(), and some small Hook for doImport Mail.

I'm not that much into the class.t3lib_tcemain.php class so i'm not
comfortable with editing and correct the process_datamap function cause
i don't know which influence it will have to the rest of the system.

I don't know if i have locate a bug? But if so, i'll be glad to help
improve it.

Any hints what to look for and how to debug further?

Specs:

TYPO3: 4.5.6
PHP: 5.3.2
mySQL: 5.1.41