[TYPO3-dev] Problem with CachingFramework in 4.5 :(

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Sat Oct 8 11:49:23 CEST 2011

On 08.10.11 11:22, Kay Strobach wrote:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> i assume that too - but why?
Because you're probably calling some function, which is not called
without initalizing your extension?

> The extension uses a standalone fluid template for displaying an
> interface for the webdav users if they use a browser.
So maybe you call fluid at a point, which is "out of order", so the
initialization of the CF later during regular program flow.

> But why does it work in 4.6?
Because you just gall $GLOBALS['cacheManager']->getCache['cache_hash']
and it initializes itself, if it isn't, yet.
In 4.5 you have to do that manually - that's why the CF is way more
usable in 4.6. Have a look at tslib_fe::initCaches().

 >  - Will this change be backported to 4.5? -
> I do not think so - as far as i know the release policy :(
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO as always!!!!

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert