[TYPO3-dev] Extension for a new cache backend

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Thu Oct 6 19:40:56 CEST 2011

Hi Benoit,

> I tried to disable the autoloader cache and that did not resolve the
> problem.
> No typo3temp/Cache/ directory, that is normal ? I'm working on TYPO3 4.5.6
Then it's normal ;) Autoloader cache is new in 4.6

> Sorry, I don't understand what I'm supposed to do now.
By looking at EXT:rediscache, I figured out that you have to register
the caching backend.

So just place this in ext_localconf.php:
<?php
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SYS']['caching']['cacheBackends']['tx_cachebackendzend_zdc']
=
'typo3conf/ext/cache_backend_zend/class.tx_cachebackendzend_zdc.php:tx_cachebackendzend_zdc';
?>

Afterwards I got
 >  The PHP extension "Zend Data Cache" must be installed and loaded in
 > order to use the Zend Data Cache backend.
which looks like the backend is active ;)

BTW: Autoloader *is* active at that point of time.

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert