[TYPO3-dev] Troubles with submodules in Git

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Thu Oct 6 17:53:05 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 06.10.2011 08:19, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
[...]
> fatal: git rm: 'typo3/sysext/dbal': Operation not permitted
>
> May be newer version of git does not work the same way?

hmm... really weird. Maybe use an older version? ;)

>> Actually I admit it is quite tricky and not always obvious. ;(
>
> Exactly... I still think: do we need submodules or not? Seems like it
> causing troubles all the time for many people. Wouldn't it be possible
> to simply make branches for subprojects and merge them from time to
> time? Wouldn;t this be easier? Let's say:

Well, we had been unsure on this from the very beginning, that's why we
started without them at first. IMO: we now have them and should keep them!

What really should be avoided though is to *change* management of a
path. That is really the troublesome part!

[...]

Greets,
Peter
--