[TYPO3-dev] Troubles with submodules in Git

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Wed Oct 5 16:03:30 CEST 2011

Hi Dmitry,

> Every time when when I try to improve an existing patch, I get troubles
> with submodules. Log:
>
> Applico:~/Projects/TYPO3/TYPO3-master$ git co -b issue_22881 origin/master
> Branch issue_22881 set up to track remote branch master from origin by
> rebasing.
> Switched to a new branch 'issue_22881'

Don't use checkout, use cherry-pick instead to grab patches from Gerrit.
Only limitation is that you have to take care of dependencies yourself
(cherry-pick them, too).

To resolve your situation, I'm unsure (often a trial and error also for
me). Have you tried `git checkout -- typo3/sysext/dbal ....`?

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert