[TYPO3-dev] t3lib_TCEforms::getMainFields

Jan Kornblum jan.kornblum at gmx.de
Mon Nov 21 14:11:16 CET 2011

Hi together,

my backend module displays records of several tables on one page. A
page looks e.g. as follows (3 sections among each other):

1. customer (detail view, edit form)
2. contacts (list view)
3. notes (list view)

I've taken a look into "scheduler" extension to get an idea on how to
do this. So until now all my forms are created manually, which doesn's
seem to be good, as there is an existing TCA for all the database
tables...

To get the benefits of existing TCA definition i think it would be
better to use "t3lib_TCEforms::getMainFields" to create the whole edit
form for the first section (customer), isn't it?

But doing this the style of the created form doesn't look like it
should (paddings, hr's, marings, etc.). I think there are some CSS
files missing but i don't know which ones. Currently i use this to
create the form:

$tce = t3lib_div::makeInstance('t3lib_TCEforms');
$tce->enableTabMenu = 1;
$table = 'tx_ext_table';
$rec = $this->db->getRec($uid);
$panel = $tce->getMainFields($table,$rec);
$panel = $tce->wrapTotal($panel,$rec,$table);
$content .= $panel;

So my questions are:

1. Which css / js files need to be included for
"t3lib_TCEforms::getMainFields"?

2. As "t3lib_TCEforms::getMainFields" creates edit-forms, is there any
corresponding function that creates a list-view (like the output of
db_list.php)?

Regards, Jan