[TYPO3-dev] ExtDirect failure with new Extension Manager

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Wed Nov 9 18:40:02 CET 2011

Hi Taras,

thank you very much for your posting. I appreciate your posting in a
mailing list before filing a bug report. I hope that we can find out the
root cause for your problem!

> This is due to a 500 response on the ExtDirect POST request. A short look
> on the request POST payload:

Error 500 means a server error. So I expect some useful information in
the servers PHP error log. Could you please have a look there? Its
location should be referenced in the output of phpinfo().

Does it occur for every extension or only a specific one?

>> {"action":"ExtDirect","method":"saveExtensionConfiguration","data":[{},"852fe958b76e38ef02ca7b29a03ac2e05b11dfd5"
>> ],"type":"rpc","tid":14}

That looks really weir.d The data is collected on the client side.. so
maybe the server side really doesn't have to do anything with it.

Could you have a look at the executed JavaScript code?
You can disable merging with
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['debug'] = 1

Can you reproduce it in different browsers / installations?

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert