[TYPO3-dev] malformed cached config files

Roland Hager roland.hager at tu-berlin.de
Fri Nov 4 16:34:58 CET 2011

On 02.11.2011 17:26, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> [...]
> You sound like the perfect candidate to work on this issue, welcome to
> the volunteer work in TYPO3! :)
>
> As a kick start, check out this issue:
>
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/18557
>
> This is the work from Olly back 3 years ago implementing t3lib_lock in
> DB. It just missed to "last action"; which means reviews and "getting it
> into the core".
>
> So if you would like to take over, I guess you might just "do it" and
> let's see if we can make it happen for 4.7!
>
> Cheers,
> Ernesto

I had a look at the issue you mentioned. The problem there is ... it has
no read lock, just exclusive locks. I spent some time on thinking about
it and decided to give it a try.

I decided to use transactions which, at least in MySQL, provides all we
need to implement a read/write lock. Sadly t3lib_DB does not support
transactions. Even "worse" it uses pconnect which does not work in
conjunction with transactions. So I open a new connection for each
instance. I tested it and it worked just fine for me. It also seems to
be faster than the filebased locking method.

There is just one problem ... I do not delete the "lock records" I do
the blocking SELECTs on. Deleting old records would make parallel read
locks impossible on those records.

Ok, so how are the chances to get something like that into the core?
If there's any, I will post it as reply to the issue #18557.

Have a nice weekend!
Roland