[TYPO3-dev] malformed cached config files

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Nov 2 17:26:15 CET 2011

Roland Hager schrieb am 02.11.2011 17:01:
> Hi Christian,
>
> On 02.11.2011 15:06, Christian Kuhn wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> On 11/02/2011 10:21 AM, Roland Hager wrote:
>>> Does TYPO3 support something like that? A DB based locking mechanism?
>>
>> t3lib_lock does not support db locking currently, but I know of at least
>> one company who have a patch for this in production. I'll trigger them
>> if they want to push it as feature.
>
> That would be great, thanks!
>
> In the meantime I figured out that a normal flock() seems to work as
> expected in our environment. So I placed a readlock before checking the
> existence of the cached config files and a writelock before writing
> them. Regarding the logfiles (yes this time with a >g<) now reading and
> writing the cached config files is serialized just fine.
>
> @Christian:  I'm still interested in the DB-locking mechanism though !!!
>
> By the way, the t3lib_lock CLASS is missing a read lock. It always
> acquires an exclusive lock which is not desirable here. As I see, not
> every locking method supports read locks but how about adding a boolean
> parameter "readlock" to the function t3lib_lock::acquire()? It could
> default to FALSE and every locking method decides how to handle it?

You sound like the perfect candidate to work on this issue, welcome to
the volunteer work in TYPO3! :)

As a kick start, check out this issue:

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/18557

This is the work from Olly back 3 years ago implementing t3lib_lock in
DB. It just missed to "last action"; which means reviews and "getting it
into the core".

So if you would like to take over, I guess you might just "do it" and
let's see if we can make it happen for 4.7!

Cheers,
Ernesto