[TYPO3-dev] Removal of "checkbox" configuration from input type?

Christian Zenker christian.zenker at 599media.de
Wed Mar 16 16:24:15 CET 2011

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 15:30:11 +0100, Jigal van Hemert <jigal at xs4all.nl>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 16-3-2011 14:41, Christian Zenker wrote:
>> little different: Is it intentional that the clear button just clears
>> the input field and does not set the default value? :)
>
> Yes. The option to have a value in the checkbox option in TCA was hardly
> ever used and most users didn't understand how it worked.

Well. I got it working by using a TCEmain hook.

> It would be easier for someone to mark an event as "all-day".

Probably not the correct list to discuss this here. But I find it more
intuitive without the "all-day" button. You would have to hide the fields
for times if the all-day box is checked - and that means saving in TYPO3.
And if I'd decide to enter a time, I'd have to uncheck the box and save
again to see the fields..? I don't find that very userfriendly and
intuitive. After all, the extension has the word "simple" in its name. ;)
- although it's capable of a quite a lot.

Christian.