[TYPO3-dev] Removal of "checkbox" configuration from input type?

Christian Zenker christian.zenker at 599media.de
Wed Mar 16 12:26:56 CET 2011

Hi.

Short version: Was the configuration "checkbox" thought to be removed from
the configuration of input-types in TYPO3 4.5 or should it still work?

Long version:

Since TYPO3 4.5 there is no checkbox shown in front of an input-field in
TCEForms. Instead it was replaced by an icon inside the input box to clear
its contents. This was done in bugreport #16006
(http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16006).
But its behavior does not comply with the checkbox behavior in TYPO3 4.4
as the new button just cleans the input field (through JS) and does not
set the "checkbox"-value.

But I'm uncertain if I should file a bug report and a patch, because bug
report #17680 (http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17680) states that the
checkbox configuration was obsolete since TYPO3 4.5. On the other hand,
TYPO3 4.5 was designed to be backwards compatible and I would not see why
such a rather simple feature would have been removed without a proper
substitution.
So what is true now? Is "checkbox" still an official feature?

Christian.