[TYPO3-dev] Question about autoloader

Sebastian Fischer sf at marketing-factory.de
Tue Mar 15 11:48:18 CET 2011

On 15.03.2011 08:46, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> Hello Kay,
>
>> Perhaps the autoloader logik should be ported to the core, so that a
>> directory structure is forced by convention for oldstyle extensions as
>> well. And anyone who respects the structure don't need the autoloading
>> registry. I think this will reduce the needed RAM drastically ;)
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> I have had this idea a long time ago. We may think about it as Extbase
> is to become more and more present but at the same time I'm the first
> one to have switched to Extbase-like extensions without using Extbase.
>
> You may "vote" here:
>
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12067
>
> Back then I wrote a patch. IIRC it should have been slightly updated but
> it may serve as basis and you could then send it back...
>
> Cheers

+1 for using the same conventions like in extbase even in pibase
extensions. I use the same folder structure in all my extensions for a
long time. Because im to lazy and maybe to dumb to keep different
structures in mind.
Only thing is, that the kickstarter is not usable for that, but thats no
reason because all files could be copied in place very fast.

Greetings
Sebastian