[TYPO3-dev] Question about autoloader

Xavier Perseguers xavier.perseguers at typo3.org
Tue Mar 15 08:46:16 CET 2011

Hello Kay,

> Perhaps the autoloader logik should be ported to the core, so that a
> directory structure is forced by convention for oldstyle extensions as
> well. And anyone who respects the structure don't need the autoloading
> registry. I think this will reduce the needed RAM drastically ;)
>
> What do you think?

I have had this idea a long time ago. We may think about it as Extbase
is to become more and more present but at the same time I'm the first
one to have switched to Extbase-like extensions without using Extbase.

You may "vote" here:

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12067

Back then I wrote a patch. IIRC it should have been slightly updated but
it may serve as basis and you could then send it back...

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6