[TYPO3-dev] Idea: add transaction support to t3lib_db

Xavier Perseguers xavier.perseguers at typo3.org
Mon Mar 7 12:07:22 CET 2011

Hi,

> What other solution do you have for a replacement for transactions? Just
> ignoring the fact that a transaction couldn't be started is conceptually
> wrong. If a second or third query depends on the situation of the table
> during the first query and you are using transactions for this, you
> could end up with incorrect data when you simply ignore whether a
> transaction could be started or not.

What is exactly the case when a transaction could not be used? I mean:

- MySQL has it
- MSSQL has it
- Oracle has it
- PostgreSQL has it

meaning all supported DBMS have support for transactions.

If this means upgrading database structure, seems to me it could be part
of the upgrade wizard.

Of course this should be properly tested ;)

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!