[TYPO3-dev] Any good examples of automatic/programatic page generation?

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Fri Jul 29 00:09:17 CEST 2011

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:57:10 +0200 Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] wrote:

> Am 23.07.11 01:58, schrieb Kevin Mitchell:
>> Now I'll likely need to do several passes on this to actually process
>> the data, match up TYPO3 page IDs with the custom object_ids that I've
>> generated, etc, but that's beyond the scope of this email and I can
>> handle that. The issue is figuring out the best method to generate
>> these pages and sub pages programmatically, via a cron job which will
>> run nightly. Ideally I'll also kick off some sort of crawler to cache
>> the pages that have been updated to help with site performance.
>
> Hi Kev,
>
> check this:
> http://blog.tolleiv.de/2010/03/handling-data-in-typo3-with-tcemain/
>
> Yes, it will be a bit slower, but in a CLI environment, this shouldn't
> be an issue.
>
> Good thing:
> Since all pages are created "as if" someone did it manually, you will
> have all the fancy stuff like history and such.
>
> And your code will be future proof.
>
> Don't bother if you didn't find anything via searching the web, you
> would have needed process_cmdmap() as a keyword :)
>
> cheers
> Mathias

is it possible to do a (recursive) copy of a page and included
(tt_content-)records _in_a_FE-plugin_?
I would prefer to have some assistance from the core, otherwise I have to
copy the records by hand, probably missing a lot of references.

As I also will create/copy a BE-User, I probably can work in the contect
of  this user, so this user later on should not be allowed to create new
pages.

Or maybe I can build a queue to create these users and pages from a
scheduler task as cli-script?

the intended workflow should create/copy pages/records on submitting a FE-
form. As the password of the BE-user will be mailed it could also be done
by a queued  scheduler task and the FE-user will have to wait a cron-
cycle.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html